Sunday, March 18, 2012

From Terrible to Awesome

Psalm 47:3 In Hebrew

ג כִּי-יְהוָה עֶלְיוֹן נוֹרָא; מֶלֶךְ גָּדוֹל, עַל-כָּל-הָאָרֶץ.

One English Translation

3 For the LORD is most high, awful; a great King over all the earth.

In King James

2 For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.

Psalms 47:2 (KJV)

In the English Standard Version

2 For the Lord, the Most High is to be feared, a great king over all the earth.

Psalms 47:2 (ESV)

In the New Living Translation

2 For the Lord Most High is awesome. He is the great King of all the earth.

Psalms 47:2 (NLT)

I was afraid to look at the Message Bible. Has something changed in our God or have we changed the way we view Him. Is He now user friendly; so that people are no longer offended by Him? You know it’s funny to me and a little sad that we read this; you see God does not change:

6 “I am the Lord, and I do not change. That is why you descendants of Jacob are not already destroyed.

Mal 3:6 (NLT)

This passage reads the same in all translations. God is never changing and we need to accept that fact. In my job I occasionally work in areas that have extremely high voltage. I have been taught to fear that in a respectful way. That fear has probably saved my life on several occasions. Now if I had approached those same situations with the mindset that electricity was awesome and something really cool but lacking a fear and understanding of what the consequences could be. I might not be writing this to you today.

I want you to know; you and I do serve an awesome God, but we cannot assume that because He is so awesome He will allow us to live however and still provide blessings to us and in the end allow us to live in His presence. We must be willing to repent from our sins and accept the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross for our sins. When we fail to do this no matter how awesome a God we serve we will be found wanting. God is required to hold us accountable for our sin. He has made away for each of us. The choice becomes yours. Do you fear God in a healthy manner understanding judgment waits for us all? Or is your God just so awesome; you believe He will let you slide on your sin. I challenge you come to know God in His word. You will see His ways are not our ways and His judgment is waiting. Have a blessed day, love one another and find a place to worship with your brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!