Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sacrifice is Rare


6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.7 Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good.

Romans 5:6-7 (NLT)

Who would you give your life up for? I would die for my wife and children, my mother and father, even my brothers. I am not sure what it would take for me to give up my life for some of those I call friend. As a soldier; I did not want to die, but I understood that it was an every present possibility that I could have died to provide for the freedoms that we enjoy here in America. Now I can assure you that takes a different mindset than your average person;  not that it is any better and not that it was even  Christian, but it required understanding that there are more people out there than just me and that each person deserves the best opportunities they can get. We see the same mindset in those who fight fires and serve and protect the community in law enforcement. Many times they have lost their lives while trying to save those who the rest of the world might believe are not worthy of our time. As Christians we should all adopt that mindset and life style going beyond ourselves and reaching out into a world that is hurting and in need of a savior. If we are not willing to love them than the world will and the love you find in the world is destructive it will use you up and through you away. It has been corrupted from what God originally intended is quick to lure people away. I challenge you to examine your life against God’s word are you doing all he has called you to. Is there any sacrifice in you left? If so how far are you willing to go to be obedient to God’s word Have a blessed day and continue to walk in the light of His Word each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!