Sunday, March 25, 2012

Joy In Creation


14 Then God said, “Let great lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them mark off the seasons, days, and years.15 Let these lights in the sky shine down on the earth.” And that is what happened.16 God made two great lights, the sun and the moon—the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night. He also made the stars.17 God set these lights in the sky to light the earth, 18 to govern the day and night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:14-18 (NLT)

It was about 3:30 this morning when I found myself outside walking the dog; when I had my breath taken away by the early morning sky. There is really know way to explain it; it was dark out but there is that time you may have seen a few hours before dawn when the sun is not yet shedding light and the moon has gone away for the day when it’s quiet and peaceful out. The clouds were rolled back and you could make out the tops of them in the distance but where I was standing it was an open sky with a million stars brightly shinning down for me to enjoy. Then it struck me just how amazing my God really is. As I picked out the constellations I know and recognize I remembered teaching my sons what they were and what they represented. I remember watching meteor shows and counting shooting stars all these things He has created for a purpose; and whatever that purpose is, one of them is so I can find joy in his creation.  I challenge you to take a minute today and just allow the beauty of the world around you to awaken the Spirit that God has placed in you allow it to bring out the truth of who He is and that you are created to be in relationship with Him. His beauty is always around us even in the midst of our greatest trials. It becomes our choice if we will look for His blessings in them. Praying God blesses you as you walk in the Light of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!