Monday, March 5, 2012

Place of Forgiveness


27 On the way, Jesus told them, “All of you will desert me. For the Scriptures say,
‘God will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’
28 But after I am raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet you there.”29 Peter said to him, “Even if everyone else deserts you, I never will.”30 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know me.”31 “No!” Peter declared emphatically. “Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you!” And all the others vowed the same.

Mark 14:27-31 (NLT)

What we read is the claim of Peter that he would never leave Jesus and that He would never deny Him. You know I have to thank God for Peter being human like the rest of us there are lots of things he teaches us that make him relatable to every person. Often we in a moment of passion make promises we can’t deliver on. That’s what Peter does here he adamantly claims that he will not ever deny Christ. But if you read on in the scripture we know that he does it not once but three times. That is what happens to most of us when we are new in our Christian walk or even if we are just trying to fit in with a particular crowd. Jesus warns us about having that attitude.

33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 10:33 (ESV)

But Jesus tells the disciples’ one thing that I believe is still applicable for the rest of us. Even in their act of denial and running away and abandoning Him. He has promised to meet them in Galilee. That promise of restoration is ours today even if we have walked away or we have been running from Him. It only requires we meet Jesus where He is waiting for us to join Him. Just as Jesus forgave Peter and gave him the strength to speak on the day of Pentecost; He has power waiting for you so you can serve Him in your walk. We are people and we will fail to do what is right all of the time; yet God has provided forgiveness for each of us today if we will just accept His Son Jesus. I pray you are strengthened as you walk in the light of His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!