Monday, March 26, 2012

Knock, Knock; Who's There?

20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Revelation 3:20 (ESV)

I know you are probably thinking of all the knock knock jokes you have heard of in your life. I did when I was looking at the title but you know this is as serious of a thought that I have ever had. There are lots of things in the world knocking at the door of your heart. Who and what are you allowing in? Now that is not as funny. You see we must be sure of what we are allowing a place in our lives and in our hearts. The heart is the part of the body we associate what we love with all the many things we can allow in it can make it so full that we can begin to tell ourselves there is no more room. Yet we must learn what is important and what is not and cut out what is a distraction and a hindrance so that we can grow in our relationship with God. But it all starts with opening the door and allowing Jesus to come in and setup housekeeping. When the Holy Spirit moves in and starts working his way around if you will let Him he will create a change. So the question is for you today is simple; “Who is there?” If it’s not Jesus and the Holy Spirit do you really want to let who or whatever it is in? Have a blessed day as you walk in the light of God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!